Dates on Application
“Supporting a child who has additional needs”
The course is set in a relaxed and non-judgemental environment for you to discuss individual problems, gain advice and support and have an opportunity to share your experiences.
You will meet other parents/carers in a similar situation and enjoy learning with new friends. You will also leave the course with a better understanding of your child and how to support them to achieve an enhanced and valued lifestyle.
It is an interactive course which offers practical tips and guidance to support your child and their challenging behaviour. The programme will include:
- An overview of ASD/Challenging Behaviour
- Understanding Behaviour & the Causes of Challenging Behaviour
- Reactions to Crisis Situations
- Communication Tools/Techniques
- How to Manage Challenging Behaviour
- Proactive & Active Strategies to Support your Child
This course is led by experienced, professional trainers from The Loddon Training & Consultancy, who are experienced in the provision of support for individuals with learning disabilities, ASD and challenging behaviours.