The main school buildings were built in the 1860s and was originally the rectory for the church across the main road. The house has had a number of owners and was used as a conference centre by Huntley & Palmers for a time. In the 1930’s, following a fire in the entrance hall, the house underwent significant renovation, and many features are still present in the building today.
It became a Steiner School for 30 years, when the site was known as Drayton Manor during which time St Michaels was constructed as the Headmasters house, and since 1988 has been in its current form as The Loddon School®.
At The Loddon School® to date, there has been considerable development, with three new structures added: The Leisure Barn, The Sensory Complex (Willow Green & Swimming Pool) and most recently the construction of two new houses (Kestrels and Kingfishers) for the children, built on the garden area of St Michaels.
The Loddon School® has also purchased three off site properties, one bungalow, a short walk from the school, used as a residential home for four of our children and two houses for staff accommodation.