Speech & Language Assistant
The Loddon School is currently recruiting for an assistant to work alongside the Speech and Language Therapist, and other members of the Therapies team.
- Ensure the Child’s emotional, behavioural, physical, and intellectual needs are met.
- Observing and recording students’ progress and any changes
- Make suggestions for improving programmes based on your observations
- Implement the Children’s treatment programmes to promote communications skills
- Create and prepare communication resources for specialist learning activities
- Demonstrate therapy techniques and motivate staff to use these consistently
- Assist with staff training, including Makaton and signing
Hours of work:
The hours are full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Holiday allowance: 35 days (including bank holidays)
Having experience with non-verbal children with special needs is essential for this post.
Training & Qualifications:
Having, or having the equivalent to an NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification would be desirable, however not essential.
- There is a full training programme for inductions and CPD
- There is a requirement to undertake specialist activity qualifications
- Further opportunities to support Speech and Language qualifications
£18,238 – £20,555 per annum.
The salary range is dependent on experience and supporting qualifications.
- Free staff meals on shift
- Generous Group Pension
- 35 days annual leave
- On-site parking
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Staff referral scheme
- Excellent training & development opportunities
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply:
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can call 01256 884 600 to speak to a member of staff about the opportunities.