The Loddon School are looking for dedicated individuals who are passionate about providing the highest standards of care and facilitating opportunities for learning for our wonderful children. Having previous experience of looking after children with autism would be an advantage however, a can-do attitude and commitment to the children and your team is equally as important as full training will be given.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring the safety of the children throughout the night and adhering to school’s policies, procedures, and the children’s guidelines.
- Carry out regular checks on the children throughout the night, record and pass on to the on-call Night Leader.
- Undertaking personal tasks when necessary, including toileting assistance, washing, and dressing whilst providing a high level of care at all times.
- Attend mandatory training courses and other recommended training for career development
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with the children, parents, work colleagues and external professional
- Be prepared to work flexible hours to ensure that planned activities take place with adequate staffing and supervision.
- Support with domestic duties
Shift Pattern (1 in 2 weekends)
- 3x nights per week, 7.30pm – 7.45am
There is also an expectation to attend training days once a month
- Free Staff meals on shift
- On-site parking
- Generous referral scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Funded Qualifications
- Career Development support
Your first four weeks at Loddon aim to give you the best opportunity to learn hands on, how to do your role to the highest standards. You would spend 2 weeks shadowing a member of staff working on days, and then 2 weeks shadowing a member of staff on nights. You will also receive induction training for 4x Thursdays throughout your first month from the internal training team.
At Loddon, we are passionate about staff development and progression. If you are not qualified to the equivalent of a Level 3 Residential Childcare Diploma, we would enrol you once you have completed your 3-month probation with the support of our dedicated internal training department.
Throughout your career at Loddon, you will continuously receive training and support to help you develop within the school. Whether this be to undertake a QTS, a Team Leading Qualification or various Level 2 funded courses related to the work you do.
The starting salary for this post is £18,013, up to £19,132. The salary is assigned depending on relevant qualifications or to previous experience within a similar setting.
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Or alternatively call 01256 884 639 to speak to a member of staff about the opportunities.