Loddon School is home to 30 children aged between 8-19, with severe and complex learning difficulties and autism associated with complex restrictive behaviours. The School provides the highest quality of care and education to the children and young adults. If you are interested in working for an employer where you are positively impacting the children’s lives whilst receiving a competitive salary and benefits, well defined career pathways and training opportunities – then Loddon is the place for you.
Responsible for the public face of the school, interface with school community and visitors such as parents, social workers and other professionals. Ensuring that that enquiries or complaints are dealt with in a timely manner.
· Responsible for line managing the administrative staff and ensuring their continuous professional development is monitored.
· Overseeing the daily administrative tasks in the main office and adhering to all organisational processes within the school maintaining confidentiality at all times.
· Acting as first line support for the principal.
· Preparation and collation of information for Ofsted inspections (Annex A).
· Responding to enquires from perspective parents and professionals, providing them with information when required or liaising with colleagues.
· To provide support to the Principal and Leadership team.
· Establish relationships and communication with all staff and other agencies and professionals.
· Responding to enquires via phone, email or letter in a timely and professional manner.
· Ensure that all staff and visitors are greeted into a welcoming, tidy and professional environment and report any repairs and monitor the main office/porch environment.
· Line manage and supervise all administrative staff to ensure smooth running of the school office and all administrative tasks and enquires are dealt with promptly. Responsible for administrative staff CPD (Continuous professional development) and appraisals.
· Co-ordinate key school events liaising with colleagues to ensure preparation and planning happens smoothly. Send invites to parents and relevant people to events.
· Required to support with setting up on key school events
· To ensure databases are kept up to date and monitor information such as addresses, CCTV monitoring form, Annex A and other data that may be required.
· To liaise with Children’s Services Managers and Teachers for furniture requirements and order in any necessary items.
· To work with the finance department to send out annual fee letters and postage funds.
· To collate information for the annual school census in January and submit documents following approval from the Principal.
· Oversee the google databases and send out google documents for all staff so they can order clothing or respond to all staff questionnaires.
· Support the administrative team to update the holiday diaries in the main office for day and night staff.
· Monitor and oversee arrival and departures of visitors.
· Oversee admission referrals and liaise with Principal and Assistant Principal (Transitions).
· Oversee and monitor the digital archiving process in line with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
· Order, monitor and manage stock ensuring best value for the schools purchasing process.
· Working with the administrative staff to ensure all general office duties are completed.
· Collate and distribute weekly news and communication to all staff (daily bulletins and Newsense) if required.
Additional duties & requirements
· Be committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of the children and young people.
· Comply with the policies and procedures in relation to child protection, health and safety, GDPR and equality and diversity.
The Loddon Foundation Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare if children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.