We are seeking a Night Manager to lead and develop our current night staff team. You will be responsible for the smooth running and organisation of care for our children throughout the waking night. You will work with the key care management team to promote and maintain the highest standards of education, care and wellbeing of the children. It is a fast paced, busy role so the ideal candidate must be organised and capable of leading and motivating a team; you will be managing the team and supervising the Night Team Co-ordinators.
The candidate must have experience of working with people with autism and learning difficulties and hold the Level 3 Residential Childcare Diploma, or equivalent; and a Level 2 Diploma in leading or managing, or equivalent.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
– Leading the night team to strive for the delivery of high-quality care for each and every night of the year.
– Work closely with colleagues in promoting and maintaining the highest standards of education, care, wellbeing and achievements of the children.
– Promote the safeguarding and welfare of children at all times
– Advocating for and ensuring adherence to the ethos and philosophy of the school – its approach to behaviour support and its PLLUSS curriculum.
– Ensure the environment is safe and stimulating for the children.
– Manage night team workforce planning to ensure safe, fair and efficient deployment of staff.
– Monitor the duties and performance of the night team both on practical night-by-night basis and through regular formal review and supervision meetings.
– Follow, and ensure others follow, the children’s risk assessment and behaviour support guidelines at all times, ensuring the children are engaged in activities and remain safe.
– Ensuring children’s recording is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
– Complete night monitoring and evaluation activities to monitor the effectiveness of the team and strive for improvement.
Hours: 173.3 per month (flexible to include weekends)
To discuss the role in more detail please contact Charlotte Walton firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly on 01256 884600.
The Loddon Foundation Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.