The Loddon School is recruiting for a positive, enthusiastic and committed Assistant Cook, to assist the Catering Manager to prepare, cook and serve daily meals for children and staff.
The school is home to 30 children with severe autism and complex learning difficulties which is associated with complex restrictive behaviours. Previous experience working within a similar catering environment would be desirable, however a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn is equally as important as training is provided.
· Support the Catering Manager to provide healthy balanced meals for the children, and staff.
· Place food orders, create and plan menu’s
· Monitor the children’s diets and follow their guidelines at all times
· Follow Food Hygiene Regulations
· Monitor and rotate stock supplied, manage and reduce food waste
· Ensure the kitchen is a safe and hygienic environment
Hours of work:
The hours will be varied from 7am to 6pm
7am – 3pm / 9am – 5pm / 10am-6pm
· Level 1 Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking
· Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering / Food Hygiene Certificate
· Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Cater Principles / Food Production and Cooking Services
The salary range for this post is £18,572 – £20,810.
Salaries are dependant on qualifications and previous experience.
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply:
Simply click on this link https://loddonschool.secure.force.com/xcdhcm__PositionDetails?id=a123z00000E9WFz
Alternatively you can call 01256 884 600 to speak to a member of staff about the opportunities.