About the role:
You will be supporting their independence with household tasks and personal care, you may also be taking part in evening tasks which would involve calming activities such as movie night or reading a book.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring the safety of the children throughout the night and adhering to school’s policies, procedures and the children’s guidelines.
- Carry out regular checks on the children throughout the night, record and pass on to the on-call Night Leader.
- Attend mandatory training courses and other recommended training for career development
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with the children, parents, work colleagues and external professional
- Be prepared to work flexible hours to ensure that planned activities take place with adequate staffing and supervision.
- Support with domestic duties
There is the opportunity to work 2, 3 or 4 nights per week between the hours of 9.00pm – 7.45am including a 1 hour unpaid break.
· Generous annual leave entitlement
· Free staff meals on shift
· Generous group Pension
· On-site parking
· Staff referral scheme
· Discounted gym membership
· Training & career development opportunities
Your first four weeks at Loddon aim to give you the best opportunity to learn hands on, how to do your role to the highest standard. You would spend 2/4 weeks working on days shadowing a member of staff. You will also receive induction training for 4x Thursdays throughout your first month from the internal training team. During this time, if you have built a strong relationship with the children we would then move you on to nights.
If there is restrictions to you working days during your training period, reasonable adjustments can be put in place to accommodate this.
At Loddon, we are passionate about staff development and progression. If you are not qualified to the equivalent of a Level 3 Residential Childcare Diploma, we would enrol you once you have completed your 3-month probation with the support of our dedicated internal training department.
Throughout your career at Loddon, you will continuously receive training and support to help you develop within the school. Whether this be to undertake a QTS, a Team Leading Qualification or various Level 2 funded courses related to the work you do.
If you are interested in working for an employer where you are adding value to the children’s lives whilst receiving a competitive salary, great benefits and training opportunities, then Loddon is the place for you.
The salary range is £21,247 – £23,167.
This is based on a full time equivalent working 4 nights per week which is inclusive of a 10% shift allowance. Salaries are dependent on relevant qualifications and previous experience within a similar setting.
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply:
Simply click on this link https://loddonschool.secure.force.com/xcdhcm__PositionDetails?id=a123z00000E9WFz
Alternatively you can call 01256 884 600 to speak to a member of staff about the opportunities.