The Loddon School are currently recruiting for a School Nurse to work full-time in Sherfield-on-Loddon near Basingstoke. The Loddon School is both a registered children’s home and school for 28 children who have the most severe and complex learning difficulties and usually autism. Many children also have additional problems such as epilepsy, self-injurious behaviour, aggression and restrictive behaviour. The school is registered for pupils from the ages of 8-19. The children live at the school 52 weeks a year so The Loddon School is a home which provides education, leisure, play and outings.
You will be working with the Health Team on a day-to-day basis and you will be jointly responsible for the provision of all health care needs of the children. You will be required to liaise with other health professionals, along with multidisciplinary team members within the school.
- Supervising visits with health professionals and assisting our children to hospital appointments and surgeries in the community.
- Observing, assessing and monitoring the children’s health, development and emotional wellbeing, initiating action when necessary.
- Contacting parents concerning the health needs of their children.
- Supporting the Health Team with staff training in the dispensing of medication, epilepsy and associated risk assessments.
- Offering advice and treatment for minor injuries.
- Ordering medication from the GP and validating through internal systems once collected from the pharmacy.
- Contributing to children’s reviews with a health report and attending reviews as required.
The successful candidate must be qualified to RN Level 1 with an active registration and be able to demonstrate evidence of post registration continuing professional development. You must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills particularity the ability to relate to children, young adults, parents and colleagues. You must be highly motivated, enthusiastic, experienced and flexible.
You will be employed to work at the school full time between Monday – Friday and will be required to work weekends as part of the Care Management team. The salary for this positions varies according to experience and relevant qualifications.
If you wish to apply, please contact Georgia Allen on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01256 884616.
The Loddon Foundation Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,390.00 to £33,086.00 /year