The Loddon School are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Cook, to assist the Catering Manager to prepare, cook and serve daily meals for children and staff.
The school is home to 28 children with severe autism and complex learning difficulties which is associated with complex restrictive behaviours. Previous experience working with SEN pupils and school staff would be desirable, however a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn is equally as important as training is provided.
- Support the Catering Manager with purchasing products for the kitchen, placing food orders, menu planning and record accordingly
- Prepare, cook and serve daily meals for children and staff.
- To monitor the children’s diets and follow their guidelines at all times
- Ensure the kitchen is safe and hygienic and that the Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations are complied with
- Monitor and rotate all stock supplied, regular checks on all frozen, cooked and fresh goods, and to manage food waste.
- Attend training courses as required
Hours of work
The hours will be varied from 7am to 6pm
Full time – 162.5 hours per month. Working on a varied shift pattern, along with some weekends.
- Level 1 Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering / Food Hygiene Certificate
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Cater Principles / Food Production and Cooking Services
- Providing fresh and healthy means on a daily basis, in a school environment
- Planning menus according to a fixed budget, whilst following nutrition guidelines
- Working with a team of catering staff
- Free Staff meals on shift
- On-site parking
- Generous referral scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Career Development support
- 35 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
** The salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,013 to £19,132 /year